Quality legal services for parents, children, family
Experienced, Exceptional Representation
Consistent, patient, professional
At Hays Johnson Law PC, I represent many types of clients but specialize in litigation of family law cases including divorces with complex valuation issues, particularly those that involve farm, business, or mineral assets. I also represent individuals with claims for spousal support, those with unique child support calculations, complicated parenting plans or child custody challenges.
Additionally, I offer mediation services and draft the stipulated terms of your divorce or parenting plan according to your agreement. I represent clients in private juvenile guardianship proceedings, grandparent rights cases, as well as estate planning, probate, adoptions and other areas of domestic relations law.
Please read my profile to learn more about my professional background.
- Divorce: Choosing to dissolve your marriage can be stressful and overwhelming. There are many decisions you have to make, such as parenting time schedules, payment of support and a fair distribution of property and debt. During your divorce, you need an experienced attorney to advocate for the best interests of you and your family. I am dedicated to helping you through the divorce process.
- Uncontested Divorce: If you and your spouse are divorcing and have agreed on the terms, I can help finalize your uncontested divorce. I will ensure that legal requirements are satisfied in a prompt, cost-effective manner.
- Military Divorce: If your marriage is ending and you require legal representation for a military divorce, I will strive to ensure the well-being of you and your family as handle all the details during this legal transition including issues with respect to military retirement division and requirements for health coverage of minor dependents and spouses
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements: I help clients establish the terms of a settlement agreement either before or after they are married to protect both parties in the event that they later decide to get a divorce or to secure assets in the event of the untimely death of a spouse when a prenuptial agreement is combined with estate planning
- Child Support Modification: Child support agreements and orders are based on the financial circumstances of everyone involved. When those circumstances change, orders may need to be modified. I can help you with your modification of child support orders and provide advice on proposed review and adjustment stipulation agreements.
- Child Custody: When you are going through a divorce, the well-being of your children is always a top priority. I have significant experience in all aspects of child custody law. I am dedicated to protecting your right to raise your child in a healthy environment.
- Adoption or Step-Parent Adoption: Adopting a child should be a joyous occasion for your family. However, the process for some can be complicated and frustrating. I help clients through the adoption process, so they can celebrate the addition to their family.
- Paternity: Whether you are a mother looking to identify the father of your child or a father who is trying to gain child custody rights, I will help you understand your options and the public resources available to guide you through your paternity case.
I will see your case through from start to finish. Let me work with you to address your legal concerns. My offices are conveniently located in Minot, North Dakota. Call me at 701-839-3646 to arrange your limited telephone consultation or contact me online.